Other Adoptable Animals
The Adoption Process
- Fill out an application for your potential new family member
- One of our volunteers will review the submitted application and do their best to respond within 48 hours
- If the animal is a good match, then a meet and greet will be setup – usually at the foster home or the Cambridge PetSmart adoption center
- We like to have all family members attend
- If everything seems like a good fit we then look to check personal and veterinary records (if applicable)
- After checking references, we will then look to schedule a home visit (for dogs only)
- Finally, the last step if to complete the adoption paperwork and to bring your new family member home
Here are a few items for people to consider before deciding to adopt:
- Renters must have their landlord’s permission
- Adopters must be 21 years of age or older
- All adoptive homes must be stable, supportive, and capable to meet all veterinary and financial needs of the animal
- Some adoptions will require adopters to enroll the dog in training classes as a condition of adoption
- Kittens younger than 6 months must be adopted with another kitten/cat or go to a home with a resident cat for socialization
- There may be additional adoption requirements for puppies (puppy socialization classes, someone home during the day, etc)
Adoption fees help defray the cost of transportation, care, and medical treatment.
Our adoption fees are generally between $300 and $400 for most adult dogs and puppies and are decided on a case-by-case basis.
All dogs adopted from Broken Tail Rescue will be spayed or neutered, receive a veterinary exam, be up to date on vaccinations, heartworm tested and started on preventive, dewormed, given flea and tick treatment if needed, and microchipped.
Our adoption fee varies by age for cats and kittens:
- Kitten (under 12 months): $250
- Adult cat (12 months – 10 years): $150
- Two adult cats (12 months – 10 years): $250
- Senior (11+ years): $100
- Special needs cats: $100 or TBD
All cats adopted from Broken Tail Rescue will be spayed or neutered, receive a veterinary exam, be up to date on vaccinations, FeLV/FIV tested, dewormed, given flea and tick treatment if needed, and microchipped.
Ready to Adopt?
Are you interested in one of our adoptable animals, fill out the adoption application to start the process!